Distinctively Fine. Decidedly Green.
Awards & Recognition
Within the construction industry and among the communities where he has built, Don Cerra has won awards:
- 1986 – First builder in New Jersey to build an R-2000 super-insulated home.
- won this award prompted Owens-Corning to re-write their energy audit standards. Won the PINK award from Owens-Corning.
- 1995-2005 – Recognized for implementing green technologies in homes built for Habitat for Humanity in Philadelphia and Burlington County, New Jersey
- 2002 & 2003 – Presenter at PATH (Partnership for Advancing Housing Technology) and LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) seminars
- 2009-Current – Recognized for homes certified under the Department of Energy’s Building America program. Less than 1% of builders today are constructing homes per these standards.
- 2011-Current – Recognized as a LEED® Accredited Professional™. Guest lecturer on green building technologies with the University of South Carolina at Aiken.
For Cerra Homes, the term “partner-vendor” is defined as vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors carefully selected by Cerra Homes. Cerra Homes has assembled a team of these partners who are sensitive to environmentally responsible building practices. To assure he is able to deliver state-of-the-art, sustainable residences, Don Cerra has sought out some of the most outstanding vendors available in the building industry. In other cases, he has taught sub-contractors eco-friendly techniques, honed through years of exacting craftsmanship.